Enjoy streaming your favorite movies and TV shows from your home away from home. With the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature, you can now bring your TCL Roku TV to hotels, school dorms, conference facilities and similar locations with public wireless Internet access. Connecting to a public network often requires further authentication, and your TV will automatically recognize that additional information is needed. You will need another wireless device, such as a computer, tablet or smartphone to supply the requested information.
Connecting to a Public Network
Once you have setup your TV at your hotel or dorm room, you need to establish Internet connection using the instructions below.
Initiate the wireless connection
- Press the button on your remote to view the Home screen
- Scroll down and select Settings
- Press the right arrow button and select Network
- Press the right arrow button and select Wireless
- Your TV will start scanning for available wireless networks
- From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
- After your TV connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.
Authenticate the connection
After successfully initiating your wireless connection, your TV will display the remaining steps. Complete these steps on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again. After the connection is authenticated, your TCL Roku TV will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.
- Make sure you have previously activated your TCL Roku TV prior to connecting to a public wireless network.
- If your TV has been disconnected for an extended period of time, connect it to your home network before traveling and have it manually check for a software update.
- Don't forget to bring with you any accessory cables, power adapter, and TV remote.