For the best streaming experience with your TCL Roku TV, you will need a strong wireless network and a reliable Internet connection. Here are some tips to improve the wireless signal to your TCL Roku TV and enhance your streaming quality.
Update Your Wireless Connection
If the signal strength is showing as WEAK or POOR, try to reestablish the wireless connection of your TCL Roku TV and your router. Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Press on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings
- Press the right arrow button and select Network
- Press the right arrow button and select Wireless
- Press the right arrow button and select Update Connection
Router Location Tips
Your wireless router broadcasts WiFi signals out in all directions. The farther your wireless device is from your router, the lesser signal it will receive. Thus, location is key! Here are some tips for optimal placement of your wireless router:
- Place your wireless router in a central location or closest to where most of your wireless devices are. Also, consider putting on a higher spot. These would allow the signal to spread out.
- Avoid impenetrable obstructions and certain objects. WiFi signals are often unable to travel through thick walls such as concrete or brick walls. Also, metal objects and mirrors tend to reflect the radio waves.
- Keep it away from the kitchen. Microwaves operates at the same frequency as most routers. Similarly, avoid placing your router near the cordless phone base station.
- Adjust the router's antenna. Depending on your home's layout, consider positioning your antenna upward or sideways reach different areas.
Placement of Your TCL Roku TV
The location of your TCL Roku TV can have an impact on your streaming experience. Here are some considerations to optimize the performance of your TV.
- Position your TV close or within range of your wireless router.
- To receive a stronger wireless signal, try moving or rotating your TV into different positions - even a few inches can help.
- Avoid placing your TV in an enclosed or recessed area.
- Do not place your TV in direct sunlight.
Check Your Internet Speed
Once you have optimized the wireless signal between your router and TCL Roku TV, you should make sure your Internet speed meets the minimum requirement for streaming contents.
Generally, as the quality of the streaming video increases, a higher Internet speed will be required for a smooth experience. For instance, streaming SD (480p) video will require less speed than compared to HD (720p/1080p) video.
Note: TCL recommends that you check with the specific channel for Internet speed requirements, considering factors like the desired video quality. If you find that you need more speed, it's time to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Here are the minimum speed recommendations for some of the most frequently streamed channels:
|Amazon Instant Video||0.9 Mbps|
*Mbps = Megabits per second